I'm having problems with the search command in meli. I've checked the man pages for how to search so I think I'm doing it correctly.
When I type 'search "not flags:seen"' in the command mode, nothing changes. The listings in the current mailbox are the same, nothing has been highlighted as far as I can tell. Meli also doesn't say anything about the command being invalid, like it usually does if somehting is wrong.
However, when I put the filter = "not flags:seen" into my config.yml, the mailbox listings are changed as expected - only the unseen mail is shown.
For context, I am using a Maildir mailbox.