experimental terminal mail client GPLv3
- Try an online interactive web demo powered by WebAssembly
- Download and install pre-built debian package, static linux binary, or
how to install cargo, the rust package manager
$ cargo install meli
build from source
README file for detailed build instructions - or just do
why use meli
meli aims for configurability and extensibility with sane defaults.
It seeks to be a mail client for both new and power users of the terminal, but built today.
A variety of email workflows and software stacks should be usable with
meli. Integrate e-mail storage, sync, tagging system, SMTP client, contact management and editor of your choice to replace the defaults.
Although still WIP, it is mostly functional.
- email threads
- embed your own editor
- plain text configuration
- multi-tasking with UI tabs
- IMAP, Maildir, notmuch, JMAP, mbox
- optional sqlite3 index search
- fast and minimal account configuration
- contact list (+read-only vCard support)
- forced UTF-8 - other encodings are read-only